BigR.io builds all projects utilizing an “Agile without Religion” philosophy. Our flexible approach is based on the original text and intent of the Agile Manifesto, foregoing heavyweight “agile” methodologies aimed at larger, less flexible organizations.
This approach allows the team and stakeholders to efficiently collaborate and craft the process to best suit actual ongoing needs, which leads to a faster, more accurate output.
BigR.io is a thought leader on Agile and hold Agile certification seminars; training the technical community in our approach to Agile development. Salient points of BigR.io’s Agile methodology include:
- Short iterations of deliverable (tested) software – we recommend a 1 to 3-week cycle
- Transparency and stakeholder involvement: mutual decisions and no surprises.
- Definition of done: all delivered stories include design, development, testing, and documentation. Note: we create “just enough” documentation; balancing speed with artifact creation for continuity of knowledge.
- Relative and ongoing estimation – utilizing story points and team velocity estimates to keep a firm grip on the reality of a project, rather than an idealized fiction.
- Modern testing automation – code is built, tested, and deployed in a continuous and automated manner.